- The Public Service Commission (PSC) on Thursday released 477 names of those who have been shortlisted to proceed to be interviewed for the advertised Principal Secretary posts.
- Kutswa says the full list of applicants, shortlist and interview schedules will be shared on PSC Website www.publicservice.go.ke and published in all print media on Friday October 7, 2022
The Public Service Commission (PSC) on Thursday released 477 names of those who have been shortlisted to proceed to be interviewed for the advertised Principal Secretary posts.
Mary Wanyonyi Chebukati, the wife to electoral body IEBC Chair Wafula Chebukati Wanyonyi and former Lang'ata MP Nixon Korir are among prominent Kenyans who have been shortlisted and are a just one step away from becoming PSs.
Mary Wanyonyi, CPA, is the Senior Deputy Accountant General and Head of Accounting Unit at the Ministry of Lands and Physical Planning and holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration and Bachelor of Commerce with a bias in Accounting.
She is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) and a member of ICPAK and ICIFA and has been a member of the boards of Cooperative University College, Kenyatta National Hospital and Maasai Mara University.
Korir is the immediate former MP for Langata in Nairobi, former Secretary Youth Affairs under the executive office of the President and is President William Ruto’s close confidant.
PSC says the 477 names were picked from the 9,154 people who applied to fill the vacant PS positions after the application deadline was extended from September 20 to 27 this year.
The commission has similarly invited members of the public to send their views on the suitability of the shortlisted candidates to [email protected].
Members of the public have been advised to share their sentiments on the 477 names before October 12 when the interviews start as part of public participation in the hiring.
According to the statement sent to newsrooms from PSC Corporate Communications Director Browne Kutswa, the selection interviews will be at PSC head office in Nairobi.
Kutswa says the full list of applicants, shortlist and interview schedules will be shared on PSC Website www.publicservice.go.ke and published in all print media on Friday October 7, 2022.
Here is a list in alphabetical order of other prominent Kenyans who have been shortlisted to proceed to interviews for the vacant PS positions:
• Abraham Korir Sing’oei - Lawyer
• Andrew Tanui Kipkoech – ME, The Standard
• Browne Kutswa – Director, PSC Corporate Communications
• Boya Molu – IEBC commissioner
• Chris Wamalwa (Chrisantus Wamalwa Wakhungu)- Former MP, Kiminini
• Edward Kisiang’ani Waswa – Political analyst and Kenyatta University senior lecturer
• Esther Koimett Jepkemboi – Former PS
• Fatuma Hirsi Mohamed – PS, State Department for Broadcasting and Telecommunications
• Francis Meja – Former NTSA Director
• Gideon Leparan Morintat - CEO and MD, National Oil Corporation of Kenya (NOCK)
• Isaac Mwaura Maigua (PWD) – Former Nominated Senator
• James Wakiaga - UNDP Resident Representative in Eritrea
• Jerome Okoth Ochieng – PS, Ministry of ICT
• John Njenga Maina- Former Mungiki leader
• Jonathan Mueke Mwangangi – Former Nairobi Deputy Governor
• Joseph Wairagu Irungu – PS, Ministry of Water and Sanitation
• Prof Peter Laban Ayiro – Vice Chancellor, Daystar University
• Dr Mercy Mwangangi Mukui – CAS, Ministry of Health
• Dr Patrick Amoth – Acting Director General for Health
• Richard Belio Kipsang – PS, Ministry of Education
• Samuel Kuntai Tunai – Former Governor, Narok
• Tabitha Mutemi – IEBC Communications Manager & Media Council of Kenya board member
• Wilfred Marube Nyakwanya – CEO, Kenya Export Promotion and Branding Agency