An autopsy done on the body of a woman and her son, who were found dead at government quarters located along Jogoo road in Nairobi, revealed that they died due to lack of oxygen.

Government Pathologist Dr Johansen Oduor said this was established during a post-mortem examination he conducted on the bodies of Charity Kemboi and Allan Kipngetich on Friday.

According to Dr Oduor, the duo died from suffocation.

“The boy, there were injuries on the neck and face. There was indication that he had no oxygen in his body when he died. I concluded that the boy died because of what is called smothering,” he said.

He added, “Either a hand or clothes were placed on his mouth and nose to deny him oxygen. Same as the mother to deny him oxygen. Same mechanism as the mother.”

He also revealed that a man, who was also found dead in the house, only identified as Kevin, passed away from carbon monoxide poisoning and had injuries on his abdomen and arms.

“For the gentleman he had superficial injuries on both arms and abdomen. However, when I looked at the body, what actually killed him was carbon monoxide poisoning,” Dr Oduor added.

Dr Johansen Oduor. 

The Government Chief Pathologist said the post-mortem had revealed that Kevin died almost a day after Charity and her son Allan, as his body was less decomposed compared to the two.

Bodies of the woman and her son were found on the bedroom floor while Kevin’s was found in the toilet in a sitting posture with his legs and hands tied together with a laptop charger cable.

The young man, who was found with Charity and Allan at the woman’s one-bedroom apartment, is suspected to be a University student in the city.

Officers from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) and Buruburu Police Station visited the crime scene again on Friday as they work overtime to establish what transpired.