Azimio La Umoja Coalition presidential candidate Raila Odinga has given Kenyans a glimpse of how his cabinet would look like should he win the forthcoming August General Election.
Raila announced the names and positions of six members of his cabinet, even as Wiper leader Kalonzo Musyoka, who was given the Chief Cabinet Secretary post, left the coalition.
In his incomplete line-up meant to guarantee him a win the in August he named a total of six cabinet secretaries as he unveiled Narc Kenya leader Martha Karua as his running mate.
Here is the full list:
• Martha Karua – Deputy President and CS, Justice and Constitutional Affairs
• Kalonzo Musyoka – Chief Cabinet Secretary
• Kenneth Marende – Senate Speaker
• Ali Hassan Joho – Lands Cabinet Secretary
• Wycliffe Oparanya – Treasury Cabinet Secretary
• Peter Munya – Agricutlure Cabinet Secretary and Chair – Kenya Productive Sector
It remains unclear whether the seat rejected by Kalonzo will be reallocated or if the door will remain open in case he returns, even as Azimio supporters await the full cabinet list.
Kalonzo on Monday announced his exit from Azimio after failing to bag the running mate he had demanded and expressed his readiness to go it alone all the way to the ballot in August.