Airport Council International (ACI) announced the recipients of The Voice of the Customer for the year 2021.
Kenya’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and the Moi International in Mombasa have been recognised among 200 other airports around the globe for the prestigious award.
The Voice of the Customer celebrates airports that continued to prioritise listening and adapting to customers in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.
ACI World Director Luis Felipe de Oliveira said the pandemic changed human behaviour and disrupted the experience of products, services, prioritisation of health and digitalisation.
“The pandemic has caused substantial changes in human behaviour and provoked a whole new set of expectations affecting how products and services should be experienced—from a prioritization of health to increased digitalization such as contactless touchpoints,” Luis said.
This year’s delivery of the award has also been sponsored by Amadeus.
The airports are recognised for their consistency in service delivery.
For an airport to qualify for the award, the airport member must collect three or more quarters of data through the Airport Service Quality (AQS) program.
ACI’s Airport Service Quality (ASQ) is a world-renowned & globally established benchmarking program that measures passengers’ satisfaction whilst they are travelling through an airport.
Airports Council International (ACI), the trade association of the world’s airports, was founded in 1991 with the objective of fostering cooperation among its member airports and other partners in world aviation, including the International Civil Aviation Organization, the International Air Transport Association and the Civil Air Navigation Services Organization.
JKIA and Moi International airports have participated in the ASQ program for over 12 years.
The following is the entire list of African airports that have been recognised by ACI World for the award:
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Moi International Airport (Mombasa, Kenya)
- Aéroport International de Tunis Carthage (Tunis, Tunisia)
- Agostinho Neto Airport (Pointe Noire, Congo)
- Blaise Diagne International Airport (Diass, Senegal)
- Kotoka International Airport (Accra, Ghana)
- Maya Maya Airport (Brazzaville, Congo)
- Murtala Mohammed International Airport (Lagos, Nigeria)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (Abuja, Nigeria)
- Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport (Mauritius, Mauritius)